5-11 on the Bay

Didn't have much to do today so I got the oil changed in the truck and decided to try the bay. I got my first line in the water at the crack of 11:30 am and had four fish in the boat by 12:45 pm. I had other fish on but couldn't get them in the boat. I was 4.25 mi north west of the mouth of the Saginaw River in 15.5-20 fow. All came on harnesses and bottom bouncers. Fire Tiger, bright green with green blades, and a purple, chartruese, and white blade with chartruese beads on 1 ounce and 2 ounces bbs. It was a nice day on the water I just couldn't close the deal. Here is a picture of the kids with the bigger of the four fish. It measured 23" and I dropped the board back when it first hit. The fish were barely hooked they all came off when I got them in the boat.

100_1788.jpg

GJ Tom. I feel blessed every time I'm out there. It isn't always about numbers. I hope to be stepping up my pace out there. I haven't fished as much, as in the past couple of years, but that will change. I hope we can fish together soon.:)

Thanks everybody, my oldest can't wait to get out of school so he can join me on the water. I'm bummed about being laid off, but why not make the most of it and fishing is like hunting to me I get away from all the b-s and just relax. Frank I'm off till the end of the month if you want some company let me know and I'll drag Jason along too. Will post again when I get out.

Tom

Indy I was out Tuesday and they are biting real light right now for some reason. Not typical at all for Mid May. Caught about 17 with 12 keepers and went through about 4 dozen crawlers.:confused: Brand new harnesses with brand new trebles.:confused: Fished about the same area you're describing.