Sport Shows with a Trout Pond

GLF

I am planning on taking my sons to the GR Ultimate Show on Saturday. We tried last year to catch a trout out of the trout pond and came up empty handed. I would like for them to catch a trout out of the pond this year.

What is the trick for catching the trout out of the trout pond?

Dynamite. Since they won't go for that I would suggest what works for me is to consider how they eat in the ponds. The feeder kicks on and hurls pelleted food on top of the water and they hit it as it floats down or right on the surface. So keep roll casting in front of the pack and tight line fish. When I fish for trout in the stocked lakes or in streams I never allow the bait to stop moving or myself to lose contact with it. Just like trying to pull Brooke trout out of a small hole in a stream just keep working the bait thru the zone. Also the bite is barely noticable often just a twitch of the line so you have to maintain contact with the bait all the time and no big hook sets just lift and maintain pressure. With a little practice once they get it down you will never be able to afford to take them to a trout pond again. I helped teach my newphew up at the Hatchery pond in Parris MI along with my kids a few weeks later he talked my brother into taking him. The look on my brothers face when his kid caught 90 bucks worth of fish in a matter of min was priceless. I used to take my kids there a few times a year and always carried a pair of pliers to pinch the barb flat that way they could catch as many as they wanted but were only allowed to keep one fish each. I don't remember what they charge at the show but if your kids get the hang of catching them in any of the pay ponds bring a healthy wallet.

We are heading there today. I am going to watch everyone to see how they catch them before I shell out the money to fish. I stopped by D & R Sports yesterday, and pick up some Berkley Gulp Jigging Grubs.

Here fishy fishy fishy.....:D

The Berkley Gulp Grubs did the trick. Both of my sons caught a fish.:thumb: Both of them caught their fish by hanging it midway in the water, where all of the fish were swimming.