Buddy and I hit the bay yesterday. Had to dodge some ice, but it wasnt too bad. Wouldnt recommend night trips just yet. Dont want to do the titantic. We fished from 6-18' of water. Water clarity varied, but temps were pretty constant at 34.8-36.2...BRRR....Anyhow, we pulled #8 shad raps, #12 and #14 Husky Jerks. All the fish landed came on raps and the ones we lost were on the huskys. Ended up landed 3 and lost 3 more. Had some nice quality fish as well in the 3 1/2-5# range.

Fished the Kawkawlin River near the house tonight. Just casted off the bank and ended up 1 for 3 on eyes. Seems theres some fish in, but only a handful..at least along the stretch i fished. Had a couple small males and one female that i would guess to be around 8#. Landed one around 17" or so. Good way to close out the season on the rivers. Cant wait to get back on the bay again.

I agree, great looking fish. Very healthy....Too bad the water was so cold as they had zero spunk to em. Just came in like logs. Amazing what a 21' boat, and a 190# guy with a 7 1/2' rod pulling on your lip does.:lol:

I agree, great looking fish. Very healthy....Too bad the water was so cold as they had zero spunk to em. Just came in like logs. Amazing what a 21' boat, and a 190# guy with a 7 1/2' rod pulling on your lip does.:lol:

That is so true. But if you add the grunts and groans of some grumpy old men to the formula, plus some more #s, the SOGs don't stand a chance.:lol: I can't wait to get out there. We will fish Jack's 17 footer until it warms just a touch. Gotta Luv Dat Saginaw Bay.