Time to switch gears.

Tried to meet up with my buddy Walleyedreaming this morning out in 19 FOW where he went 4 for 8 last night, one 8 1/2 pounder, but the cracks slowed me down looking for spots to safely cross, and the 3rd one stoped me dead inside of 17 1/2 FOW. Jimmy (my bud) had crossed it safe enough on his snowmobile and was on the east side of the crack only another .33 more miles out. We could actually see each other, but I went up and down that 3rd crack for a mile each way, and it was 2 to 2 1/2 feet open all the way and I wasn't going to risk crossing it on my quad anywhere that I found, even though it seemed to be tight in one spot. But that one spot had a big WHITE HUMP that joined the crack together. Telling me that is had frozen with blown over wet snow on top. "The dreded Tiger Trap for quads". So I cut some holes and fished inside this crack for almost 3 hours and never even marked a fish. 11:45 I called it quits, but not until I seen a nice new polaris try to cross the crack at that white ice hump 100 yards from me and down he went. Only thing that saved it from going down in 17 FOW was the shanty on the back and the rack on the front. About 14 of us put our heads together, along with the help of a snowmobile and one young strong man lifitng on the front end and got him out. I'll be putting away all the ice gear tomarrow and rigging the Jet sled for the Tittabawassee River. Some of the biggest walleyes of the year stack in there now, when and if the conditions get right. Looking good after Thursday (I hope). :rolleyes::D

I have fond memories of jig fishing the Tit. My son and I used to do well, if we could get on before the season closed. Then we would fish it strong beginning the last Sat in April for a couple of weeks.:) Here is a pic of our river fishing boat. My son still has the boat. The pic was taken early 90s at Wickes Park Saginaw.

van_and_boat_early_90s.jpg