Ice fishing line/attachment choice Q & A.

Hello Guys,

I have always used fireline tied to a small snap swivel when ice fishing. I was wondering if there is a better way. Do some of you tie directly to the spoon or jig? Do you use a barrel swivel and leader? If so what sizes and which pound test line?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris.

I run Power Pro Red 8/30 to a good quality barrel swivel that's teamed together with the smaller sized Normans Speed Clip. This is what I run on all my rods both summer and winter now for (lure to line) change out strength and ease of changing. The speed clips do not come with swivels on them, so I buy extra strong, 20/30 pound weight tested, quality swivels seperately and put them together to my liking. I have to, as some eventually get used for attaching lures used for casting in the rivers for King Salmon. :) If I had to rate these 1 to 10, both the Power Pro Red and the clips get a 10. Capt. Dan. :grin:

09239?

Great for saving time and hassle, The Norman Lures® Speed Clip is absolutely the easiest way for you to attach a lure to fishing line. Equipped with a circular design that allows lures to run true, these Speed Clips are stronger than other snaps and work well with braided lines. Plus, it takes only one hand to attach these Speed Clips to your lure.

I always tie my jigs on.

Yupper, I agree. Braides will absorb a lot more twisting then mono will. And I always tie jigs directly to the line then add in a swivel up the line 18 to 20 inches to counter any twists aquired from repeated jigging. But dealing with line twist after the fact, is like the guy who quits smoking after he gets cancer, it's to late then. :grin:

Edited by Walleye Express