Whitefish Motherload.

Well, where do I start. What a great but frustrating night. Tonight on the Tawas Bay pier me and my buddy Mark caught 19 beautiful whites. But we missed probably as many or a few more then that many. And I'm not talking about short hits. I mean fish on, play it a while, and fish off. Also had a couple of surprises tonight. Not 5 minutes after we got there, Mark sets off to net some minnows around the boat docks for bait, so I start jigging. Wham, this fish hits and takes drag like I don't have any, and heads for the open waters of Lake Huron. I don't see Mark anywhere and don't feel like screaming like a child for him to get the net. So I play this fish for almost 10 minutes before I work him back to the pier wall where I can see him. It's about a 12 pound laker and gets off right next to the break wall. I make another drop with the spoon and wham, the first white fish hits. But there was a time tonight that I lost 5 in a row. They just have such soft and small mouths, they're hard to keep hooked. Plus, if it's a bigger fish, (like 99% of them were tonight) the sheer weight and leverage the fish gets when you try to coax it to the net, some 12 feet down from the top of the sea wall, helps him break free and escape. I also caught a slab Rock Bass. All in all a great night to be fishing. Must have been a million stars out tonight and no wind. You can see by my relaxed position on the Steel Sea Wall, I was comfortable. :no::grin:

IM001776.sized.jpg

IM001778.sized.jpg

Edited by Walleye Express

Well, it's not over yet according to my bud. We might be headed back up Tuesday night. Might have to wear my ice cleats though. That pier gets slick as snot after a few guys walk on any fresh snow. And having the pier slant towards the water on the marina side doesn't help either. :eek::eek::lol: