well i had the day off of work today and wanted to go fishing , and after reading duannes perch report yesterday, thats what i dicided to do

when i left home this morning there was NO WIND at all

and by the time i got to snug harbor it was blowing around 20 mph out of the s.w. and in my 14'er that made it prity rough to go down to the area near bear lk. channel so i went the other way to the sand dock

there was 6 other boats there and it looked like every one was doing about the same i ended up with 34 nice perch in the 9 to 10 inch range and 2 nice pike 27" and 28" {and must have cought close to 50 small perch}

i was in 44 fow useing yellow or pink perch flys with minnows ,and yes, this is also what the pike came on also, lots of fun on a 7 ft ultra lite:D

Hi Terry, great day for the conditions!

We were out there in that gale. Took two anchors to hold us. Fished the same spot in 60 FOW. 19' Smokercraft was really rocking and rolling. Tough fishing but we hung in there until 3 PM. Two of us ended up with 95 with most in the 9-10" range. Perch flys were again the hot ticket. Sounds like it would have been easier fishing over at the sand docks. Glad to see you got some decent eating anyhow plus the fun of landing two northerns on that light gear. Must have been a blast. If you ever want the GPS coordinates of where we have been fishing, send me a PM.

Duane