Saginaw Bay possible get together?

I'd be interested. I want to go out on the Bay but would like an experienced guide. I've got all the gear but no idea where to start.

I have an option for you Nick, but only because you asked. I not only guide on the Bay in the winter, but teamed up 2 years ago with a technical graphics and maping company to sell my own personal and successfull GPS numbers I've gathered (starting with my first lowrance land based tower unit) for the last 21 years while fishing on the Saginaw Bay. These allow you to do it yourself with your own gear and transportation, and do so in locations I've already proven productive. To view prices and what they include go to this link. http://www.electronicguideservice.com/Saginaw%20Bay.htm

But let me also add this. Even though my (total ice fishing package) includes everything a newcomer would want to know about the area. It also has suggestions, hints, real time satelite view links of the bay and lots of other helpfull info about the hazzards one might face or look for on the Bay during the ice fishing season. All these things can change in a wink of the eye. And it's not my intention to scare you or anybody out of coming here and enjoying the fantastic ice fishing we've had here, especially in the last 3 years. But to make all realize that the safety factors involved when on ice, is more then double then that of when you head out in your boat. Those open water factors are laid out pretty plain as soon as you clear the break wall. Not so when heading out on the ice. I book about 15 ice fishing trips a year. Half of those get canceled every year by me (and often on the same day as the charter) because of the wind, weather or ice conditions themselves. After a life time of ice fishing the bay and hearing and seeing as many as 6 people a year (2006) get killed out there, I play it very safe. And this is also the reason that a possible get together would be IMV, be to risky to plan and (SORRY FOR THIS) to big a litigation risk to the planner.

Edited by Walleye Express

Every time you leave the dock/shore or any surroundings you personally have control over and put yourself into someone elses hands, care and/or under their instruction, there is risk both to you and him. Double that risk on ice. I pay big money every year for State safety inspections and liability insurance on my charter business. Might never use it, but by both State and USCG law I have to carry it. Sanctioned events and tourneys have disclaimers that entrants sign, but still carry liability insurance. Rather it's through the marina, bought or carried by the event coordinator. Friendly get togethers do not. If the planer/honcho of said get together says everybody meet on the ice at the end of Linwood road and their vehicles sink through the ice, he's technically and most likely, legally responsible. Todays world is very different from the world I grew up in. It's very sad, but I'm afraid now that there is always a risk of litigation. You may find somebody to risk it, in my position I won't.