older spoons

i was digging around about mid july in the big box of spoons from the early 90s and nothing was going for about 2 hours and pulled out a green alwife and monkey shine and put them on the riggers and we fished about 2 more hours and took two cohos on them spoons. i thought that i see if any one else had put them new spoons back in the box and went back to the older spoons. on days that nothing happening i start playing with the older spoons. that monkey shine was a real good spoon in the fall .i know ill be putting more older spoon on next year and try not to buy any more new one

I still catch fish on lures I used in the 70's they all still work we just stop using em cause we got new ones that also work. My uncle allways said that Salmon will bite anything that don't bite them first he has been a a commercial fisherman in AK since the 60's. He has probably caught millions over the years and still runs a lot of the same setups he ran in the 60's.

funny you guys mentoin this one , becouse i was thinking the same thing , as last summer one day i was out with an old freind that i fish with a lot, and we where haveing a little bit of a tough morning ,with only 4 fish in the box after 3 hours of fishing

he said let try some of the old stuff we used to yous back in the early 70's

so i went down below and came out with a box of oldys but goodies

such as old north port nailers and south port slamers ,sutton spoons in size 22 and 44

chargers and some fub wobblers

we switched over to a old school spread of a 22 sutton spoon ,a dr. hook nailer , a white with green dot mueler and a bud wieser nailer on the riggers with no sliders and the divers with the old tin can dodger and green horse fly and the other side had a pearl dodger and white horse fly, p.s. there was no core, all old school

we ended the morning 9 for 9 6 kings and 3 lakers with the best bait being the 22 sutton spoon and the budwieser nailer ,we did this to see if we could still do it old school and man did it bring back some old memories and storys of days gone by!:rolleyes:

Thanks Terry I still catch fish with the old lures just like everyone else I have a obsession with new toys so admiting that my old lures will do the job just fine gives me no reason to shop for new toys. And think of how the lure companies will feel when we stop shoping for the next best thing. Quite frankly I own enough tackle to last several lifetimes so without the dream that someone can come up with a new color varition that will kill the fish and that they are compelled to bite even when not hungry I have no need to go to the bait shop. If our wives ever learn this we are all done. Anyhow I will do my part and not let my wife know about this.

Tight Lines

Jim