Perch reports anyone?

Hi, fairly new to the forums, they are great. I am wanting to try perch fishing this weekend (this will be my first time). Was wondering if anyone could give me some reports and pointers. I was thinking of going out of one of the ports from Whitehall south down to South Haven. Thanks.

Fished for perch yesterday out of Holland and did well. The water is pretty warm in close so the nicer sized fish seemed to be out deep. We ended up finding some nicer sized fish 8"-10" and a few jumbos out in 68-72 fow north of the pierheads. Caught fish in the 48-55 ft range but they were on the small size. Drifting has worked best for us lately as the fish seem to be slightly scattered so we dont tend to mark much while driving around looking. Start drifting and you will find some pockets of fish. Minnows and cutbait did the trick. If the water cools off they will probably move shallower and if it turns over they will be in by the piers. Hope this helps, good luck.

Thanks for the info. I enjoy going out of Holland so I may try there. another quick question. For a 4-6 hour perch fishing trip about how many minnows would you typically need?