Muskegon 7/26 PM Trip

My wife took a couple of hours off work on Saturday, and also took Sunday off, so we could spend some time on the boat. We made it out Saturday for an evening trip, and drove the car to Grand Haven for the Coast Guard festival on Sunday. Wouldn't you know it, the Mackinac was not in port yet. :angry2:

I got lines set around 7pm, and it was not long after and I was doing battle with a 12lb king. This fish came on a rigger set at 47' with an 11" double pearl hotchip Protroll flasher with a Siggs Rigs Blue & Pearl Crinkle trophy fly.

The next fish was a nice steelhead that came on a half core with a Stinger Prototype.

h.jpg

At 9pm, my wife was ready to head in. :rolleyes: So, I start pulling lines. After I get the second rod pulled, the half core with the prototype goes again. Its another steelhead.

I get this fish boxed, and the 6 color on the other side of the boat goes. Its another steelhead on an NBK.

I get this fish boxed, and the 3 color on the other side of the boat with another Stinger Prototype goes. This is a 10lb king.

c.jpg

We fished 40-65FOW. The temp down 30' was 48 degrees. We ended the day 5 for 5 and headed in before the sun touched the water. :( I would like to have stayed out for another hour! Next time! ;)

nice job we were out last night as well not as lucky went out to 140 and trolled S marked a million fish none very hungry all down deep 120 or deeper finally got a 8lb laker and headed in. kept reseting and moving up ended up watching my wife get the best fish of the year in 50 FOW

tight lines

Jim