port sheldon 7/11 {THE BIG FISH ARE BACK}

well it was pritty slow out there to day but heres how it went

i met sea mac and treblemaker at the launch this morning at 4:30, and as we where motoring out of pigon lake, it started to storm and as we cleared the peirs we seen a brite flash and turned around and come back to wait the storm out, at some where around 6:30 we finaly made it out after catching this nice shot

P7110431.jpg

and figured that the fish where at the end of the rainbow with the pot of gold {no pot of gold just 4 to 8 ft rollers with mabey a 10 in there for good mesure} we did managed to go 5 for 7 with the small one being around 12 or 13 lbs and the biger ones around 15 to 17, is my guess

we only hade 3 hits on spoons {d.w. beef eater mag on a rigger 60 down this took 1 / d.w. blue glow frog on a 12 coler and a stinger nbk 58 down on a rigger }but the hot set up was a blue meat rig from 150 to 275 back on a wire diver on 1 1/2, and most of the hits where in 85 to 105 fow

heres a pic. of the catch and thanks for comeing along mike and tim it was a blast:D

P7110432.jpg

Nice Job Terry and Crew!!! I had my fishing partner Roy call me today as he went out last night out of Muskegon and they landed a dandy male at 21 lbs in 70 feet of water down 65 feet on rigger with a blue dolphin mag spoon. They got ran off after they landed that one cause of lightning. Can not wait to see everyone next weekend!!! I have to agree some Big ones have finally come back! Only been out 2 times this year because of relocating to the Ionia area for my work but pretty much settled now and it is time to start fishing the RedEye again.

Thanks for the trip Terry and great fishing with you too Mike. Terry was a great host and did what was needed to get us the fish we had. It was slow out there, but we kept at it and caught some real nice kings. Good to hear the drags peeling again too.:D

Thanks again guys!