Well the league was cancelled but it didn't stop Team UNREEL from fishing. We left the launch about 8:30 and moments later found ourselves hung up on a sand bar in the middle of Pigeon Lake. Once we freed ourselves we made it through the pierheads and set lines in about 35fow testing the waters. Waves were a mixed bag of 2fters sometimes 1fters but conditions were good. After rigging the set and changing some leaders from last year we finally picked up our first fish of the year. 14lb King off a fixed slider on the rigger at about 31ft down. Moments later we had the lead(full core) go and picked up a 12lb King. After resetting the lead it took off again for our final fish a 9lb king. We took the 14lb on a Stingray Yellow NBK and the 12lb and 9lb came off a #116 RAC spoon (gold/orange/black). The fish were in 50fow about 5 miles north of PS in 43 degree surface temp. There was a gradual temp break from 47-43 that was holding the fish. Heard some other guys on the radio catching a few lakers and some small kings but we pretty much had the lake to ourselves. I'll post a pick when I get the image off my phone.

Unreel,

We were out there also and actually saw the temperature breaks on the surface - areas of calmer water. We went 3/4 - 2 Lakers (8.25# each) & a nice King (12.25#). One of each on a copper setup with a Grean/Blue Spinnie & Seaweed Fly and a Laker on a wire dipsey with a Green Spinnie & White Fly. Sounds like we were fishing the same water. I also had a grounding issue. . . but @ the launch coming in. The water level is high, and so is the sand & silt)~:

Alex

So your the guy I heard on the radio... It sounded like Viper to me, I need a new antenna on my boat. I was in the 17ft Dark Blue fiberglass Sylvan, witch boat were you.

Here is the catch

05-04-08_1625.jpg

I was (am) the 23' SeaRay, light blue w/ white hard top. We probably only hit ~2 miles north of the stacks.

The antenna makes the difference. I have a 8' Shakespeare > http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=29295&pdesc=8_Shakespeare_VHF_Antenna_with_4_way_nylon_ratchet_mount&aID=18I&merchID=1009&r=view. We were picking up reports from north of GH to Saugatuck(~:

Alex

P.S. BTW, where's "by South Haven". I live in north Holland, but work in South Haven - the old Clarion/Double J plant.

Nice! And thanks for the report!!!

I was going to still venture out myself, but ended up chasing the ole lady around the house!!!:rolleyes: (Grandparents had the kid---- wooo hooo)

So your the guy I heard on the radio... It sounded like Viper to me, I need a new antenna on my boat. I was in the 17ft Dark Blue fiberglass Sylvan, witch boat were you.

Here is the catch

05-04-08_1625.jpg

Check out those spring kings! Did you use your old boat or the new boat?

Mike, I havent even touched the new boat yet... I know...I'm a loser, but I am still working on some issues with the new truck, I'm taking it back to the dealer tomorrow to have it worked on........ These spring kings were HEALTHY and fought hard to the net, if thats any indication of how the fish are going to be this year we have our hands full!!

HOLLANDPIPER... I live in Pullman about 10min from South Haven and I work in Holland, we probbably pass each other on the way to work every day:) I passed by you a few times and was telling my buddy that my old man had a boat just like yours but cream colored and was a great fishing boat. We ended the day about 5.2 miles north of the channel.