Pike & Giant Whites.

Started out this morning with a good plan to hit several of mine and my buddy Bob's favorite walleye jigging waters on the Saginaw River. Things seemed like they were going to go as planned as Bob's cell phone rang while we were still in route to our first spot. It was another friend of ours who said he had his 5 walleye limit already fishing in spots well upstream of us, up in the Tittabawassee River. Being in Bobs decked out Lund versus my Jet Sled, that spot was going to be off-limits for us today, yet having that many fish still in the system and knowing they had to go past us to get out of it, made us feel like we were in for some fun. Well, we had fun alright. But never caught a walleye. We hit the White Bass mother load in a small section of river and could not bring ourselves to leave it. These Big female whites were off the hook for fighting ability. And I'm talking 5 and 6 casts in a row with these 2 1/2 to 3 pound Whites crushing the cranks and jigs we were throwing at them. Oh and I caught a 31 inch Northern that Bob voluteered to hold for me, quailfying this post for some of the boards that might frown on posting a trip about Bass.

IM001661.sized.jpg

IM001659.sized.jpg

IM001660.sized.jpg