Saugatuck tuesday & Wednesday

After boat problems tuesday morning that left us sitting at the dock we made it out tuesday evening out of saugatuck. Went 4/4 on lake trout at about 50 feet of water. All looked in good shape as they swam away. After a couple of hours of that we started searching for something we could actually put in the box, but no luck.

Wed. morning made it out again. But again Lake Trout only. Went 6 for 7. Six hits in 40-55 foot of water and 30-48 foot down on orange or yellow toned spoons. Seventh came in the mud line straight out from the pierhead in about 30 foot of water. Again spent several hours searching deeper and shallower for something to put in the box. Several of the Lake Trout were in the 30-32" (9-11 lbs)range.

Tuesday evening was an awesome evening on Lake Michigan with a light haze and water as smooth as a swimming pool.

My usual Ports are Charlevoix and Elk Rapids but I try to get down to Holland/Saugatuck area a few times a year. I don't know how often it will be this year with the price of fuel. The truck gets thursty when pulling the rig.

I really enjoy reading all the great reports on here and will definately call on the radio for you next time I am down that way 'Dirty Dog'.

Gone Wishin