1st 2008 West Michigan Fishing League Pre FfishingTournament

coollogo_com_191141485.gif

Port Sheldon Mich.

May 3rd, 2008

To all member's,

Any member is welcome to fish this very fun pre fishing tournament if you like to. Just sign up right here and I will add you to the list.

Rule's to play:

Just get some guys and have fun fishing and meet some member's from the site. There is no set rules but just go out and have fun fishing.

Weigh in your biggest fish: salmon, coho, steelhead, but NO Lakers.

Cost: Buy one regular size lure or fly at the Gold Coast Takle Shop. All lures must be purchased at the Gold Coast tackle shop.

Lures to get are only:

Dreamweaver spoons

Siggs Riggs flies

Raider Spoons

Magna Dyne

Please only buy your lures before the weigh in and after you go fishing.

Reasons why because they are the West Michigans Fishing leagues sponsors.

Weigh in will be held at the Gold Coast tackle shop at 12:30pm sharp.

Fishing times are:

1am- 11am(But must sign waiver to go before you fish)

Teams are:

1- Caznik

gold coast dosn't carry siggs or raider and has a very limited sel of magna dyne

You will just have to get what they have there for right now. But right now I want to stick with our sponsors that are willing to help the league out this year.

Are ya in buddy?

Caznik

No the launch is not hard to find at all and the taclke shop is about 1 mile from the launch. Probly the best guy to ask directions would be Plumkrazy on how to get to the launch.

let me know if you are in bud,

Rich

Are you gonna be launching at 1am Rich/Terry? Id like to say im in and id love to do it, but im not sure I can find someone to fish with me at those hours.

Heck no...:D

I will start at least 5am.

But if anyone like to they can.

Rich

Hey rich how long does it take to get to port sheldon from Hastings and do head cross country or run to 96 to 6 and south from there?...i'm looking for a short cut

It takes me at least 1hr and 15min.

If you like to maybe we can meet at the car pool off from the Charlotte exit on 96 and then you can follow me.

Call me if you like to:

1-269-908-0286

Rich

Fair warning

The weather is so far not looking to good for saturday or Sunday. If it calls for what I am seeing right now I will cancel it. But I will make the call at 3pm Friday if we are or not going to have this event. Also if it does not look good for Sunday I will call this event off even if it looks fishable for Saturday. In every event that I will have I am planning on making one trip over to the lake to get two days of fishing because of gas prices. With gas prices up so much I want everyone to have alot of fun fishing and not have to fish in crappy weather.

Sorry but thats the way it will be,

Caznik :)

Not for sure, call me at 1-269-908-0286 after 7pm on weekdays.

Weather so far:

Friday Night: South wind between 9 and 16 knots. Occasional showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 8pm. Waves 1 to 3 feet.

Saturday: West southwest wind between 9 and 16 knots, with gusts as high as 25 knots. Occasional showers, mainly before 8am. Waves 2 feet or less.

Saturday Night: Northwest wind between 14 and 17 knots. A chance of showers. Waves 2 to 4 feet.

Sunday: North northwest wind between 8 and 13 knots. A chance of showers. Waves 2 to 4 feet.

This is not looking good at all for this weekend, does anyone else see anything better than what I am seeing?

Rich

Friday Night: South southwest wind between 8 and 18 knots. Occasional showers and thunderstorms. Waves 1 to 3 feet.

Saturday: South southwest wind between 7 and 15 knots. A chance of showers. Waves 2 feet or less.

Saturday Night: Southwest wind 15 to 24 knots becoming north northwest. A chance of showers. Waves 1 to 3 feet building to 4 to 7 feet.

Sunday: Northwest wind between 7 and 16 knots. Mostly cloudy. Waves 3 to 5 feet.

Ok Teams,

I just found out last night that I have to go back to work so I will not be able to make the pre fishing tournament.

BUT

I talked to Dirty Dog and he will take this event over for me so you guys can still have some fun. At 3pm I will make the right call if there will be a pre fishing tournament or not. So let me get some sleep and I will be right back on here to check one more time for the wave report. In this event please do not worrie about the waiver form just yet and just have fun fishing. I will hopfully see you Sunday if it is not to ruff.

Good luck,

Caznik

Wave report so far:

Today: South wind between 10 and 17 knots. Mostly cloudy. Waves 2 feet or less.

Tonight: South southwest wind between 8 and 18 knots. Cloudy. Waves 1 to 3 feet.

Saturday: South southwest wind between 7 and 15 knots. A chance of showers. Waves 2 feet or less.

Saturday Night: Southwest wind 15 to 23 knots becoming northwest. A chance of showers. Waves 1 to 3 feet building to 4 to 7 feet.

Sunday: Northwest wind between 8 and 15 knots. Partly sunny. Waves 3 to 5 feet subsiding to 2 feet or less.

Sunday Night: West wind between 5 and 7 knots. Mostly cloudy. Waves 2 feet or less.

Ok Teams,

Well I made my dission and I am going to say there will be no Pre fishing tournament Saturday May 3rd due to the bad weather. Guys I rather see you all have fun than fish in the rain. The waves sound alright but looking at the rainy weather, I am not going to take any chances of any storms that may pass threw. So I will have another Pre fishing date but it will be held on May 17th and I will post it up very soon. Hey guys if you happen to go fishing anyways, good luck and hope you do catch lots of fish.

Sorry,

Rich

Wave Report:

Late Afternoon: South wind between 15 and 17 knots. Mostly cloudy. Waves 2 feet or less.

Tonight: South southwest wind between 8 and 18 knots. Cloudy. Waves 1 to 3 feet.

Saturday Night: Southwest wind 15 to 23 knots becoming northwest. A chance of showers. Waves 1 to 3 feet building to 4 to 7 feet.