Line Diameters On Dipsey Divers

I have some 30lb. 7 strand wire with a diameter of .015, and i have some 30lb. braid with a claimed diameter of .011, and i use them with magnum dipsey which one will go deeper? I used to use berkely fire line and tha has a diameter of.015 ?Will the wieght of the wire overcome the diameter or does the less resistance on the diver rule? What do my esteemed colleges think?

even the wire has a slightly bigger dia. it is heavier than PP and cause the wire to dive deeper!!! here is the raw data......mag dipsy "0" setting #30lbs wire....210 feet out...100 feet down......same as above using #30 PP.......210 feet out....96 feet down...

joe, well worth the $25n change @ cabelas www.precisionangling.com

I have that book,and that is what promted me to ask. It seems that braid continues to evolve and get smaller and on a device like a diver it seems that it could be a factor, but i do know you guy's would know the answer. Also i just settup my first wire rig and can't wait to drop'er down! thanks for the feed back ! my mind drifts when i have to fish from the pole barn!