Birch Run Expo.

JWheeler

It starts Feb 29. If you look at the bottom of the forums, where it shows "Up coming events for the next 30 days", it is in the list. If you click on the link, it will take you to the event in the calendar, and you can click on a link to the site.

• 4 weeks later...

I made it down to the Birch Run Show early Saturday afternoon. My wife made the trip with me but she opted for the Outlet Mall. Damn she spent more than I did.:lol: I can't complain because I'll get caught up real soon.

IT was a VG show. I had a couple of pieces of Salmon that the Flint Steelheaders had cooked up. One recipe that got my attention was the salmon cooked with Pizza Cheese and Salsa.

The best part of the show was meeting and talking with the MI Stinger crew, The FishDog gang, Bob from Bob's Outdoors, Capt. Jay from the MS site, and all the reps. I also saw John from Linwood Marine and Campground. I did pick up some DiveBombs that will get washed right after ice out. I also picked up some glow beads, and a couple of clear plastic Plano boxes.

I did get some information on the MI Stinger DBs. I do have a feel for what depth 2oz of lead will give me trolling 1.5 MPH or less for the eyes. The Stinger crew said that I can expect about 50% more depth from the DB. In other words if a 2 oz BB or inline weight out 55 ft will get me down to a depth of 30 ft, a 2 oz DB instead of the other weights will get me down to 45 ft with 55 ft of line payed out. They said aprox. 50% more depth because of the planing surface. I know this is just a R.O.T. or W.A.G. but it will give me a starting point, and I'll sure know when it bumps bottom. Another point I picked up was their recommendation to put a DB about half way out on your leadcore. In other words on a full core to let out 5 colors, and put on the DB and let out the rest. Again this could be varied for a different presentation. I think Mike (GLF) is the DB GURU here.:lol: I know Mike puts his DBs on the core pretty close to the leader. I'll be trying them for the eyes to see if they present my juicy night crawlers better than the bouncers or inlines. Bass, Walleye, and Salmon it's all about PRESENTATION. Just another tool to put the goods in the fishes face.

I went first thing yesterday, as we had other things to do in the afternoon. I picked up 2 slide divers, a package of 1oz DB's, and some odds and ends spoons for the walleye. Wish I had more money to spend, you know how that goes, I love to buy fishing gear. MI Stinger guys were cool, funny thing, I know that guy, we talked and figured out he slips his boat right down the way from where I put mine when I'm there. We have also seen each other up there a few times. The DB's, can't wait to get them in the water and see what the do..

Did anyone try the new $20 Slide Diver with the light fish trip feature. They will trip with a shaker on, yet hang in there even in rough water. They use a arm that the line threads through on the lure side of the diver.

I wanted those soooooo bad! But I will continue to search for a sale, or some promotion with those things. Talked to the guy about them for a while, and from what I can tell those light release SD's look awesome, perfect for walleye.