Just a reminder

shu9265

Guys I know this has nothing to do with Fishing.

But, I just wanted to share this and it may even SAVE you some MONEY !!

The past 2-3 days my pc has been acting up. By this I mean it was preforming poorly, restating, programs freezing and stopping. I was getting error messages, etc.

Even with all this going on, I over looked the basics !

So after spending hours in chat with friends, trying to figure out what was crippling my pc, and running so many scans, I can't count them all

I Finally figured out it was an "over heating " problem !

If you look at the back of your computer tower, there is a fan hole there,

is it covered in dust? ? Is there dust covering the vents to the power supply ( at the top of the case) ?

If so, you need to do some cleaning in order to prevent trouble and save some money on a service call.

This is a really easy fix, just remove the 2 thumb screws from one side of your case, slide or remove the side of the case.

First Turn the power OFF ! !

Now that the power is off, get the vacuum cleaner out, and bring the little round hairy brush. That will remove the junk without hurting anything inside.

Clean off all the dust and junk that are hanging on to things in there.

Make sure you do the power supply at the top of the case. (box with all the wires coming out)

Now you will see a square about 2" X 2" that's your CPU or computers brains.

There is a small fan on top, make sure you clean that puppy out ! !

Over on the side, you can see some long ( about 6") sticks. that's the memory. get any dust off there too.

Now, if you have done the above, and cleaned out the dust, hair, etc.

Put you case back on and you should be good to go.

And Hopefully, you just made you PC happy and saved yourself about $100.

Hope this helps, shu.

Thanks Bill!

I usually take mine outside and pressure wash it once a year :eek: Glad you figured out the problem, I just cleaned mine out with a vacuum a couple months ago when I added ram. Maybe we can add a temp guage to our pc's..:D I might have Doug come over to my place one of these weekends, and maybe you would like to come out and we'll have a small cabin fever party? I'll let you know afetr I talk to crabby about what weekend.