1985 Sylvan "UNREEL"

2UNREEL

Here is my rig for now, I wan't to upgrade soon but for now she does the trick. I found this boat on ebay one day with 2 hours left on the auction. The description was very poor so I called up the owner. The guy told me all he did to it and nothing was in the decription for that. He told me if no one bidded on it he would take less for the boat. After the auction ended with no bids I called him up and he said he would take $1200 for it and I told him I would be there friday. The boat, engine and trailer had all pretty much been rebuilt. Pretty much all I had to do is rig it for salmon and go. I found this boat to me being almost unreal hense the name "UNREEL" The UNREEL is set up with 2 fishlander electric downriggers, Sub-Troll 900 sensor, Bottom Line fishfinder, and lowrance gps. I run 2 dr rods, 2 diver rods, and 2 lead lines off this boat and last year managed to boat 14 fish in 6 trips with one 2-man limit day.

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0421.JPG

Lets see....another rigger, 12 more rod holders, 14 more rods, 500 spoons........Its a disease I tell ya!

You always hear about those deals, and say, "I wish I would have found that deal". Every once in a while, you get lucky and come across it for yourself.

Nice name!

You are near South Haven. Have you considered fishing in the West Michigan Fishing League on the site?

I have quite the collection of lures and rods plus my old mans boat and his 30 years of tackle collecting. I try to keep things simple but effective when I'm out there fishin. I live about 15 min away from South Haven in Pullman. I am very interested in fishing in the league, what thread do I go to to read about all that is involved or who do I need to talk to? I have read some about it already. I love a little competitive fun.