Zipidy Do-Da.

Getting mixed reports on the availabilty of the bitzer creek ZIP's. Some stores are telling me they are not producing any more, but I see them advertising on Gillespies show? I have purchased some knock off (looks to be from a do it mold) but prefer the Zips for some conditions, any one know what is really going on?

Mark Sagel

Well I would like to just see what they look like. I did a google search and nada zip nothing. I searched blizer zip and didn't find them.

Can someone post the website for these seemingly incredible lures?

David Kuhlmann

Here's a picture of the only 5 Zips I have. I've never seen them sold around here. I got these 5 from two Illinois Guiding clients of mine that come here to Michigan every Mothers Day to see their Mother and fish with me on the Tittabawassee River.

I seen them advertised for sale on TV before, in one of those 30 minute info-mercials, where (similar to the Banjo Minnow) the guy catches everything from Brook Trout to Piranha on them. And like the Banjo, I thought it was a gimmick to sell something to good to be true.

Wulp, these 2 guys from Illy are Zip-Masters. With how light the ones are they use, it is truly an art that I have only slightly mastered myself. And how these things hold onto some of the fish they land on them with those tiny hooks, is crazy. Then, you cannot seem to get those darn little (razor sharp) hooks out of the fish's mouth after you land it.

Rather simply straight casting and retrieving, hopping, yo-yoing, slow rolling or jigging these Zips, they caught every specie of fish swimming in the Tittabawassee on them, on that very first trip they took with me some 9 years ago now. And are nice enough on every return trip they have taken with me since then, to include in my tip for the day my choice of any color Zip I want out of their huge collection.

I had 7, 4 Pink and Whites (mine and their favorite color for the Tittabawassee) but lost 2 to Northern Pike unexpectedly this past spring season. I'm also including a few pictures of these guys and some of the variety of fish they caught casting the Zips. Capt. Dan.

IM001620.sized.jpg

IM001619.sized.jpg

IM001369.sized.jpg

IM001366.sized.jpg

IM001359.sized.jpg

5_9_03Titt_4.jpg

5_9_03Titt_6.jpg

May_10th_001.jpg