Booking Charters

GLF

Here are a couple of things to consider when booking your charter. What are you expecting out of the trip? Do you just want to reel in fish? Are you wanting to get involved with setting the lines? Some Captain's, may let you run the gear. Speak with the Captain and let him know what you are expecting out of the trip.

Myself, I am a hands on guy and like to have my hands on everything. When out on your trip ask questions. Lots of questions. Do not be afraid to ask a dumb question. More than likely, that question has been asked before. You are the one paying for the trip, you might as well learn everything you can.

I totally agree with everything you said Mike. We get a lot of people who just want to go and drink beer and maybe reel in a few fish. Then, we get a lot of people who want to learn everything they can to help them as fishermen in the future. The so-called two kinds of groups are usually split throughout the season at 50-50. We get half that want to learn and half that just want to drink and enjoy themselves. We also get a lot of people who ask about the cost only and will go with the cheapest boat possible. Many times, the cheapest boats are not the best boats and also vice versa.

I encourage people to not be afraid to ask questions. Sometimes we get people that are timid or feel embarrassed to ask questions. I strongly encourage questions and whatever else to make your charter fishing experience good and beneficial to you. Mike said everything perfect when interested in booking a charter.

I quite enjoy telling my customers what I'm doing to get fish. Usually the only ones that don't come back are the ones who went out & bought their own boat & tackle. We have to be careful on the north side of L Ontario for booze. It's a no no & the ticket's expensive. Usually I tell them what I do for the other part of my income & suggest they do there partying after they get back to the dock.