2008 West Michigan Fishing League Tournament Sign Up Thread

rich can answer this clearer than me but here it gos

the points are the wieght of your catch plus 10 points for each fish that you've weighted

the points for all five tournys get added for a total to determine the champ and the end of the season

the big fish game is for hoom ever gets the biggest fish for the season and has donated a spin dr and yes this is an additoinal part

also yes there is a pay out for the first 3 places and big fish for all 5 tournys

and i dont think that it may mess your chances for the points lead at the end if your not at the last one except that you will not have any point becouse you did not fish that day

hope this helps

terry

Terry,

You must of not read the rules right for this year for the big fish game. This year is different because you don't donate a spinny but you do have to donate a $20.00 bill to get in it. Instead of spinnys, its big cash for the end of the year big fish champ.

Big fish Game:

This year will be a little bit different with the Big Fish Game. This year instead of each captain donating a spin doctor this year. Each captain will have to put in $20.00 to enter the Big Fish Game. You only have to put in one time only and that is it. You will have to pay me before you go out fishing and not at the weigh in. Any captain that wants to fish any of these tournaments can get in this fun game even though you just happen to sign up latter on.(BUT YOU CANNOT SIGN UP FOR THIS IN THE LAST EVENT) In this game the cash will be big and the winning captain can get something pretty good for there boat for fishing if he likes to. Now how this will work is the captain that has the BIGGEST fish of the year will win all the cash, but the captain must be present at the last tournament.

I've got some additional questions, haveing not participated before. I don't see them answered in the original post. I'm gathering that this is a 'accumulated' points tournament, but is there also pay outs for the individual tournaments as well?

Also, it looks like the 'Big Fish Game' is an additional peice of the tournament, but it says in thoes rules that the captian must be present at the last tournament for that contest, which is Sept. 7th. We're likley not going to be at the last tournament, the weekend after Labor Day we always head of north to Onekema for a weekend of fishing.

But if we do miss that final tournament does taht mess us up for eligability for the 'main' West Michigan Tournament? Just curious how it's all setup. Sounds like something fun to do. And I'd likley be out fishing thoes days anyway!!

Hello Kingfisher:

Each tournament there is a pay off(must pay $15.00 in each tourney) $10.00 for most weight and $5.00 towards big fish.

What I do is save everyone points in all five tournaments. Whoever has the most points at the end of the year wins a plaque and is the points champ.

For the big fish game I may change the rule that if you paid to get in it before that you dont have to be at the last one. But I really like for whoever has a chance to win to be there if possible.

I will give you my cell number to call me if you have anymore questions over the fishing league.

Thanks,

Rich

Sounds like a good time. I think we're in. Not to worried about the Big Fish, I have no issue with your rule that the captian needs to be there. I was only thinking, and who knows if we're a contender then we might make a change in plans anyway.

Is it March yet?? I'm ready to get the hull wet again!

-Patrick

sorry rich i did miss that

terry

Ya thats alright,

Just some people liked the idea and some others thought that all those spinnys was to much. I did understand everyone thoughts about it, so this is the way I like to do it now. The lucky fishermen will be able to buy what they really want with all that cash.

Or just maybe adjusted3 will share it to like he did the spinnys.....:D

He sure was a very nice guy for doing what he did.

Rich

Sounds like a good time. I think we're in. Not to worried about the Big Fish, I have no issue with your rule that the captian needs to be there. I was only thinking, and who knows if we're a contender then we might make a change in plans anyway.

Is it March yet?? I'm ready to get the hull wet again!

-Patrick

good deal and call me if you like anytime.

Rich

Hello Teams,

I just like to tell everyone that we do have our first sponsor for our fishing league this year. I hope that everyone will email this lure company and thank them for there donation and sponsoring our fishing league. I happen to get 36 spoons from Magna Dyne for prizes this year and I will give 7 spoons away to each event. They will be given away to the 1st-7th place winners. The very last lure will go to the points champ. I do have a few more that said yes but I am waiting for there donation first before I will anounce them.

please everyone thank MagnaDyne

rotate_banner.gif

http://www.northportnailer.com/component/option,com_contact/task,view/contact_id,2/Itemid,47/

If I sign the UNREEL up for the league and I fish off my buddies or my fathers boat for unforseen reasons in one of the tournaments do I still qualify to be in the tournament? And is there any boat size requirements?

yes it will be fine with me just as long as you come to me at the weigh in to pay your entry fee in everyone.

let me know if you still like to sign up.

Rich

Teams

1- Caznik(GLF)

2- Plumkrazy 2007 Points Champ(GLF)

3- Dirty Dog 2006 Points Champ(GLF)

4- Nailer(MS)

5- Tunedown(MS)

6- Paulywood(GLF)

7- Hollandpiper(MS)

8- DV8OR(GLF)

9- Sea-mac(GLF)

10- Marrble eyes(MS)

11- Sarah C(MS)

12- Fishdog(MS)

13- Hunt4ever(MS)

14- tltorrice(GLF)

15- Joelsanders(GLF)

16- Catfishhoge(MS)

17- brdhntr(MS)

18- Sixshooter(MS)

19- the8point(GLF)

20- Oakley(MS)

21- Tad Pole(MS)

22- Severus(MS)

23- RambleOn(MS)

24- Thekingfisher(GLF)

25- Unreel(GLF)

UNREEL,

For the Port Sheldon tourney's we launch at Pigeon Lake. In the past the weigh-in has either been at Gold Coast or at the launch. For the Muskegon tourney's the weigh-in has been at Fisherman's Landing. A lot of guys launch there also. I think that it's cheaper to launch there if you are in the tourney.($5 instead of $10) Some of us stay there the night before and either prefish or just sit around and drink beer. Either way it's a good time. Look forward to meeting you.

Nick

Have 1 Rule Change(It will be $10.00 and not $20.00)

Big Fish Game For 2008

This year will be a little bit different with the Big Fish Game. This year instead of each captain donating a spin doctor this year. Each captain will have to put in $10.00 to enter the Big Fish Game. You only have to put in one time only and that is it. You will have to pay me before you go out fishing and not at the weigh in. Any captain that wants to fish any of these tournaments can get in this fun game even though you just happen to sign up latter on.(BUT YOU CANNOT SIGN UP FOR THIS IN THE LAST EVENT) In this game the cash will be big and the winning captain can get something pretty good for there boat for fishing if he likes to. Now how this will work is the captain that has the BIGGEST fish of the year will win all the cash.

Good luck captains…

1- Caznik(GLF)

2- Plumkrazy 2007 Points Champ(GLF)

3- Dirty Dog 2006 Points Champ(GLF)

4- Nailer(MS)

5- Tunedown(MS)

6- Paulywood(GLF)

7- Hollandpiper(MS)

8- DV8OR(GLF)

9- Sea-mac(GLF)

10- Marrble eyes(MS)

11- Sarah C(MS)