Saginaw Bay Perch

Two of us ventured out yesterday. We spent most of our time trying to locate some active perch. We marked perch in all the usual spots but they were NOT very receptive. I decided to make one last stop on the way in and EUREKA. So if you want to try your luck on the bay; it's perch rigs, and DEEP water. Like the last few years these perch are gorging themselves on the water fleas. I did try some shrimp without any luck. The water fleas are of of the shrimp family. The last stop we took a dozen perch in about a half hr and it was past time to leave. It was a fantastic day to be out on the bay. I may try going out this afternoon if I can find a partner.:) I need a meal of those yellow bellies. I let Jack take the few we took yesterday. Hopefully we can zero in on them today.:)

SagBayPerch.jpg

Frank.

My cousins have been pulling limits of jumbos near the nets out from Hoyles and 3 buoys north of the 1st spark plug. Saturday was a little slower, they pulled 18 but got bored, so they pulled harnesses for some eyes out near the humps and caught 7 walleyes with 2 pushing 6 pounds. They said all are biting very, very light.