Mentor Ohio Perch 9/30/07

Well, found some emerald shiners, had to drive into Cleveland @Shine's.

Man is he cheaper than out my way. Here they are charging from 2-2.50 dozen.

Got them @ shine's for 1.35. It's worth the gas to drive there and get them.

Anyhow, went back out again this afternoon, same area, ended up with 60 that we kept, and probably 30 we released.

All in all lot's of good eating gettin put in the freezer for later.

Hello Bill! Great job on the perch!! Getting shiners is a pain this year thats for sure. I've been driving over to conneaut to get them when we perch fish, the price is good over there too. Shines has always sold minnows cheap, I think they net there own by the power plant at 72nd street. Where going to have to try to hook up one more time this year, summers winding down.

Sounds like a plan to me, I am open till the 14th, then I have some people coming up from Pittsburgh.

On the 19th, I start my Charter Captain's training, also... Gonna be a busy end of the month, but, I am looking forward to doing some fishing with you again. Hopefully the walleye will move in a little closer by then.

I noted that the surface temp where I was perch fishing has changed a few degree's. Saturday it was 69, and yesterday was down to 65 at the surface.

With the winds we are getting now, and till Thursday, there should be some noticeable changes in the temp.