How do you guys bush tail hunt

caznik

There is alot of ways to go out bush tail hunting and my way is like this. When I first start walking in the woods, I really start listening for accorns falling from the trees. When I start hearing the accorns fall from trees I will start heading in that direction slowly. Once I get there about 20 yards I will wait for an half before I start walking again. Alot of times I will see more than one bush tails up in the trees. If I dont see any or they will not answer to my calls then I will walk slowly again in the woods till I start hearing accorns fall from the trees again or hear them barking in the trees. My favorite gun to use is a 22 just because you will not bite into a lead shot when you eat them. My bush tail calls I like to use is a bush tail barking call and my new one that I made up is to blow out with your mouth with one hand cuped in front of your mouth and make several deer snort sounds. It may sound funny but I have taking a few friends out hunting with me and they know how good it does work. But it funny to watch them try and do it. They cannot do it right the first time and it takes them about all day till they find out the right way. Well how do you guys do the bush tail hunt thing when you go out.

Caznik

I usually go find a spot on a acorn ridge and sit down and wait for about 1/2 hr and if there is any they come back out after the woods quiet down from me walking in, or i was just introduced to a new method that is a total riot is that a friend has 4 Mountain Curr's and when he turns them loose just wait till the dogs bark at the tree and head to the tree and start looking....If you would like to go Caz get ahold of me and we can set something up with him and the dogs.......