North wind=Fish near shore?

From the sound's of the report's the fish have moved off-shore away's at most port's.Is this correct?I'll be fishing fri-mon. staying in g.h. but am willing to drive to a differnt port if it up's my odd's of getting fish.I see the forecast is calling for wind's from the north thru the weekend.Will this bring the fish in close?I'll be fishing out of a smaller boat and was hopeing to stick fairly close to the peir's.ANY info. would be a big help too me,as i'm pretty new to fishing the big water.Thanx guy's ED

Depends on how much of a strong north wind we get. Lot's of warm water piled up on our side of the Lake(Mich) right now. Check the surface temp maps for changes over the next few days. We have some north wind today but it's predicted to be SW all weekend. We may or may not get enough wind to change the water up.

Also, this time of year, water temps are not that critical to the kings. They want upriver and there will probably be some close to shore even if the water is warm, especially in the early morning. Kings will out of preferred temps in late August and Sept a lot.

Surface temps link to the link on this sites banner:http://www.greatlakesfisherman.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7#post7