27 Aug Ashtabula

We got a late start Sunday around 11am She was a little ruff heading out, so we started at the 02 line and marked lots of fish. Got 2 eyes from the downrigger right off with a perch thunderstick. Then all we caught was white bass and white perch on the dipsys. We moved to the 07 line and started to pick up some more eyes. We had all 4 rods hit at once. Unfortunately for us we should have moved a lot earlier in the game. The lake laid down to almost nothing around 5 and the sun was a shining. We picked up a total of 10 nice eater eyes, lost two at the boat, one steelie and a steelie lost back 300+' behind the boat after showing us a great dance show. My buddy's little guy starts school on the 27th, so we had to leave at 7. We ran our dipsys anywhere from the 3 setting at 150-220 and our 2 setting at 150-168. We just kept adjusting or depth and speed but we could not keep them trash of the hooks. Overall we must have caught over 50 white bass/perch, and sheepheads. We let the little guy get a lot of reel time so I am sure his arms are feeling it today.

Great job Jess! We pulled a lot of whitebass wednesday the 29th too, at one point I had 8 rods go off, 4 walleye and 4 bass. You fishing labor day weekend? I'm going to be out saturday and sunday give me a call.

Yes sir Ray, them whitebass are something else! I am not sure if I can hit it this weekend or not. The Wife wants to go to the fair Sat. And Sunday my Stepson has a football game. I like being there to support him. If the weather holds out next weekend I'll be out for sure. I'm assuming that was you I was talking to on your boat Sunday while I was passing by on the river?