Savants Rule the wall again 7/31/07

Ok here are the pics from yesterday off the wall. George was first up to bat, with nice king, this one came on the Savant Watermelon behind a watermelon dipsey, back 250.

100_1280.jpg

Then came a double, with Dave taking the Watermelon rig, and George getting the Froggy Jake rig.

100_1281.jpg

After 20 minutes or so we had both in the box.

100_1288.jpg

Next was dad on the Mickey Finn rig off the rigger. This fish literally inhaled the Jake into it's throat, I have never seen a fish take a lure this deep.

100_1289.jpg

Dave took another off the Watermelon rig.

100_1284.jpg

George took the last fish on the Froggy Jake rig, and then we headed for the barn. The boys were beat up pretty bad, but they were happy.

100_1290.jpg

Here is the crew with rewards for a good day on the water, glad to be back on the boat.

100_1292.jpg

I hope to be back up on Sunday if mother nature plays fair. Good Luck.

Rich

Bill,

I had them dialed in until yesterday. The fish disappeared, but I did take 2 skippys on the jake. I had 3 soldiers from Drum on the boat. So I needed to get them some fish, ended hitting the mud chickens for a couple of hours. Johnny, who is shipping over in a month took his biggest fish yesterday, a 15-16 lb laker. I will post pics later.

Rich

I saw that report elsewhere..nice job on changing tactics to put some fish in the boat for those very deserving guys.

Last weekend I had just begun pulling gear to head in close to try and put a few browns in the boat when we hit our biggest fish of the weekend out over 550FOW. After we boated it I asked my crew if they wanted to head in for some faster action on browns or if they wanted to stay and grind it out for another king or two. To their credit, they wanted to stay and we ended up boating two more nice kings as a result.