Newbie - need help with attaching leadcore to lines

Hi folks,

I am just getting into trolling with leadcore line. I haven;t a clue as to how to attach it to Power Pro baking and/or mono. I have 300 yards of PP and I want to attach 10 colors of lead. I've tried the Willis Knot - it's impossible to get it! the PP is too LIMP to be threaded throught he sheathing.

Is there another knot that will securely connect the various lines?

thanks a lot in advance!

NK

I have noticed that some lead core lines are easier to feed the line into than others. Mason lead core is what I use, and its the easiest I have found to thread into. I picked up a spool of lead core in a gold boxDont remember the name), and I could not get the mono to thread into worth a poop.

I use 30lb Berkley Fireline for backing on my full core and do not have issues threading it into the sheathing. I have heard of the super glue trick that sea-mac mentioned.

I generally use Willis knots to run my braid and leaders into the leadcore sheating. All of my core and Spider Wire dipsey rods have mono as the first thing on the spool. I find using a little bit of mono provides a smoother operating drag, which makes sense if you think about the line thickness/frictional effects and spool diameter versus mechanical advantage on the reel drag. To tie my mono to the braided lines, I'll use an Albright knot.

For some other knots that pertain to fishing in general, check out the site below. I find it useful. If you click on each knot, it'll give you an animated step by step guide to tying a knot.

Animated Knot Guide