South Haven

Will be putting the silver one Back in the water at south haven on 7-7. Been out of the water now for almost 5 weeks. Will be nice to get back in the game for the summer fall finally. Been reading reports on multiple sites and have not seen alot for south haven but the few I have read have been postitive and sounds like the silver fish are moving back in. So with that just curious howmany call south haven there home port? as I do along with St. Joe.

South Haven gets most of my attention. I generally make it there at least once a week unless the West Michigan Fishing League has a tournament that week, then I'm normally where the tournament is at.

South Haven is where my wife and I went on our first date. It's got all the hotties:D

The fishing is normally pretty good, too. Plus, not too bad with the boat traffic.

Wow

that is were the little wify of 16 years and I went on our first date. It was a blind date that I did not want to go on but My mother made me. i was hung over as It was the year i graduated high school and the month of june to boot and there were parties everywhere. we went swimming at the north beach and there were 2 to 3 footers that day and a big wave came up and swept off here top. I quick dove under water and started laughing my head off and bubbles were comming up around me and when I came up so she did not see me laughing she asked if I was ok as from all the bubbbles she thought I was drouning. I told her that storie about 3 years ago when my at the time 6 year old son asked how I met mom. We have not been together for 19 years.

I didn't strategically manage to get my wife's top off on our first date! :rolleyes: Very clever! :D

We partied the night away in South Haven and had a good time on our first date. We started out by eating at the little Italian eatery a block west of Clementines(Giovani's maybe??) :grin: That's a good place and I highly recomend it. That was 1 month short of being 5 years ago.

I think the eatery your talking about was called Pagozies. It was in a B&B type building on the north beach and is now closed. But your right about clemantines. Good food. I want to try the vinyard across from the thirsty perch. A note on the Thirsty perch. Worst meal and one of the priceist ive ever had. Tried it once did not like it and went back the weekend of the pro am. Thought I would give it a second chance. I wont give it a third.

The Vineyard is good and not nearly has hectic to get in and out of as Clementines. I completely agree on the Thirsty Perch. I tried it twice and both times though the quality of the food was poor, particularly for the price.

The place I'm talking about is still open and not on North Beach. It's in downtown, just south of Pheonix, and either the last or second to last stoplight before the hill if you're heading west. It's a diner type of atmosephere and they do not have a liquor license(wish I would have known that the first time around). They do have very good food though for very reasonable prices and I still frequent the place.