Near Miss

GLF

Ever have one of those feelings like a car is going to pull out in front of you without looking?

I have to drive a country road on the way home from work. The speed limit is 55MPH. As I was driving home today, I see this car backing down a drive way ahead of me. Right away, I had this feeling that it was not going to stop. Right before I get to the drive way.....out in the road she came. She never stopped or looked to see if anyone was coming. I had anticipated this happening and had already taken preventive measures. I had already been slowing down and went around this car in the passing lane giving her a wake up toot with my horn. As I tooting the horn, I saw her put her hands up to her face. I think she realized she screwed up!

There was someone in the driveway that she was paying attention to instead of what was coming down the road. In the back seat of the car was a toddler. Wake up people!

We were lucky I was paying attention.

I hesitate to make light of a serious situation but you guys seem to have a sense of humor so......"I was thinking why do they call it a near miss isn't it really a near hit? I mean wouldn't you really hit someone in a near miss like...awww I almost missed em." -Gallagher:no: