Trolling speed??

What is the best trolling speed for kings in Lake Ontario. I have all the same stuff out as the charters, and watch them hook up right in front of me, while my rods sit dead. Ha Ha that is not fun to watch. I have GPS, And FISH HAWK? Also I run the wire right to the dipsy, Is that messing the presentation up?

What Tad said. Generally I try and average 2.7 MPH SOG on the GPS.:) I also watch the bend in my Dipsy Rods and the angle of the downrigger cables. I also use a Fish Hawk with speed and temp. @ the ball. All this information helps to fine tune a presentation.:)

Ball speeds 2.2-2.7 have worked for me i dont think there is really one set speed that works the best overall,work with 2.0-3.0 and take it on a day to day basis on what the fish want. It doesnt hurt to to be going a certain speed inbetween 2.2-3.0 then slow down a little then speed back up either. With your dipsey rods everyone uses different rods and rod lenghts be it medium,medium heavy,heavy etc. try and watch yours and if it takes a fish try to make it have the same bend as when you caught that last fish for awhile and see if it pans out. I generally try and keep my surface speed around 2.7-3.0 and will slow down for a short bit then speed back up if things arent going and this will trigger strikes sometimes.

I run my wire straight to my divers.

There are several things that could be limiting why they are getting them and you are not. You say you have the same things as the charter guys. Are you fishing the same spoon sizes and colors also? How many riggers are you running? How many feet behind the ball are you running your baits? Are you running sliders? Fixed or Free? What are you using for line and swivel sizes? Line and swivel size will have an affect on how your bait performs(action in the water).

It could be the angle into the current.