Fished the bay by sailboat buoys 18-20' FOW last Thursday, friday, saturday. Limited out each day with crawlers. Color did not seem to matter, but had to be on bottom.

Also used firetiger thunderstick back 110'.

Used yellow birds and sometimes just long lined.

We fished the bay on Saturday as well and were done in less than two hours. Cap't Dan's spoons and purple blades did very well for us. Ten keepers, six throw backs, and ten drums. Worked west of the spark plug in 18-20fow.

Tom

Fished there yesterday and got one in 14 fow, but had to quit early. Marked a bunch of fish not many takers. You have to like fishing Monday mornings I think there were about 12 trailers at Patterson Rd.

Cap't Dan, right now Meijer's in Essexville has them on sale. I picked up a couple packs for three something. I was there on Monday and they still had some left. Closing them out I think...

That's a good deal. But I bought a whole crapload of bags mostly (natural nightcrawler and pumpkin seed) from franks for $4.99 a bag last summer.

Heres an interesting side note. I just got off the phone with my cousin Mike Manyen. Him and his partner won the Linwwod Classic Saturday running my harnesses. Weighed in just a little under 30 pounds for 5 walleyes. But don't ask. As he swore me to silence about where and what color spoons were best. If it was me who won, you know I'd spill my guts.:grin:

You guys left me a few. Two of us picked up a limit in 30-32 FOW with crawlers. Color didn't seem to matter. Ran 2 oz BB with the GPS SOG @ 1.5-2.0 MPH. It was a nice morning to be on the water.

DSCN1078.jpg

Nice box of eyes Frank!