Headed out of Muskegon Monday morning with my Dad. Thanks to the report from Lion Den last night we headed southwest and setup in 125'. Ran 6 rods:

Downrigger 55' down 35' back w/ Moonshine Moonshine

Downrigger 75' down 25' back w/ Hot Lobster

Braid Dipsey on 3 175' back w/ Blue Bubble SD and White Fly

Braid Dipsey on 3 225' back w/ Mountain Dew SD and Aqua Fly

7 color core w/ Glow Wartfrog

Full core w/ NBK

First hit on 7 color while setting lines, fought for a couple minutes then came off. 0/1

2nd hit on Rigger w/ Hot Lobster, while my Dad fought this fish the other rigger popped, landed both and they were each about 5 lbs. 2/3

Dad thought that the rigger w/ Hot Lobster bounced a couple times so I pulled it and found a shaker that was released. 3/4

Around 180' the 55' rigger w/ Mooshine spoon fired and we landed a 6 lb. king. 4/5

By this time we were out to 200' and decided to turn back in and run over the same area again. We were slightly north of the pier in 150' headed east when the Mountain Dew/Aqua dipsey went, 11 lb. king. 5/6

After landing that fish we had worked into 100' so we turned back southwest to run over the area we had taken fish earlier (Dad remembered the GPS coordinates, what a good wingman). I changed the 55' rigger out to a Mixed Veggie spoon because I thought that my spread was too glow heavy. Also pulled the Blue Bubble dipsey and put out a 3 color core w/ Double Orange Crush for steelies.

Worked out to 140' and the rigger w/ Mixed Veggies fired and landed another 5 lber. 6/7

Full core w/ NBK went off in 180' w/ a 6 lb. king to finish our king limit at 7/8.

Decided to pull everything high and try for steel. Pulled the 75' rigger to find another shaker that we released. 8/9

Put out a flat line and reset the rigger to 25' down 65' back w/ a Greasy Chicken Wing, 5 minutes later this rigger went off in 210' of water. Another king around 8 lbs. that we released at the side of the boat. 9/10

I didn't want to play catch and release w/ kings so I pulled everything but the flat line and 3 color and trolled in to 175' where we decided to call it a day. Neither of us had a watch and I forgot my phone but we figured it was around 11am or noon. We were surprised when we arrived at the launch and found out it was only 10am. All in all a great morning on the lake. I know that my report is long but I tried to include the WHY in my decision making. Good luck.

Nick

Thanks Matt. Yeah, the boat is running fine now. I got it back on friday and waited until monday to take it out when I knew that there would be another boat in the area I knew in case I had trouble. I don't know when I will get out again (bachelor party and wedding the next 2 weeks) but I am thinking about heading north in June, maybe I'll get in touch if I head up to your area.

Nick

Thanks Matt. Yeah, the boat is running fine now. I got it back on friday and waited until monday to take it out when I knew that there would be another boat in the area I knew in case I had trouble. I don't know when I will get out again (bachelor party and wedding the next 2 weeks) but I am thinking about heading north in June, maybe I'll get in touch if I head up to your area.

Nick

Sounds good nick and just remember if you dont want to haul your boat up to the northern ports I allways have room for ya...:)

I am itching bad too cause I have only had my boat out once this year cause it is in the shop getting repainted but I should have i back by the end of this week....:cool: