2007 SW. Mich. Steelheader's Summer Challenge (RESULTS)

caznik

Thanks a lot! The 333 Tournament is at every Tournament Trail sponsored event and is divided into the South Division and North Division. You weigh your 3 largest fish of the tournament, but the hard part is gambling to see if you should weigh 2 on Saturday or 0 on Saturday and 3 on Sunday, etc. Then your total weight for the 3 fish places you in the standings. You earn points based on a 100 point scale for 1st place, 99 points for 2nd place, 98 points for 3rd place, etc. and then your 3 best point events (you have to fish a minimum of 3 tournaments, if you fish more your best 3 count) add up and that is how you finish in the year long standings for numerous prizes and money, etc.

As I understand it, you can fish any individual 333 on the tournament trail(if you're also fishing the event). You just are not eligble for north/south division crowns if you fish less than three 333 events. Is that correct or am I messed up?

The reason I ask is because this year will my first 333 event. I've fished with another team in the past that did not elect to do the 333. I think it'd be fun, so would like to try it, but I'm not 100% sure I'll be fishing a total of 3.

You are correct! You don't have to fish a minimum of 3, that is just for the Yearlong Overall Standings for each division if you do fish the minimum of 3. You can fish the 333 at whatever event you fish. You will still be able to win 1 of the 21 prizes at whatever individual event you fish. You have it completely figured out. :)

I thought that's the way it worked. Thanks for confirming that for me! :D

It does seem like fun and I'm looking forward to doing it. To me, it kinda makes the 333 event similiar to a poker hand. You have to choose which you're going to toss away and which to keep based on what flop you might get.

The 'promise' of bigger fish tomorrow vs the 'reality' of the fish today.

Good luck!