May 6th West Michigan Fishing League(Time to team up)

caznik

West Michigan Fishing League Member's,

Well guys, I have been wondering how the fishing is going to be for this coming Sunday May 6th for the first event of the year. Well lets start it off by helping each other out right now because latley the fishing has not been all that great out at Port Sheldon. I have herd of three reports allready that Grand Haven was doing pretty good right now. So come on lets keep this thread going by helping each other out and keep everyone informed on how the fishing is doing and going to be like on May 6th. Lets start off by what is going to be your plans for May 6th and what you think will be the best thing to do. I know alot of us are wondering the samething like me. As of right now I like to run all the way up to Grand Haven to see if the fishing would be better there than Port Sheldon. But you all know that is a long run and its about 5 miles there. Is it worth it or what? Remember guys this is just a fun fishing event that only cost $15.00 a boat and it is not a pro am tournament. Yes I know it will be a compeitive compition but just because you are catching fish on a certain lure does not mean that another member will. To me its all luck and if the fish are there and hungry than you will have the luck. Well as of right now if I had to fish Port Sheldon May 6th. I would probly run all the way over to Grand Haven and start in 50 ft of water near the dirty water, or where ever the dirty water shall be that day.

So what do you all think,

Lets start helping each other out now,

Caznik

Seeings how every fish is worth 10 points and you are allowed to weigh in any 5 fish.....Why not weigh in 5 lakers? You may be able to get 5 out front without running to GH.

Seeings how every fish is worth 10 points and you are allowed to weigh in any 5 fish.....Why not weigh in 5 lakers? You may be able to get 5 out front without running to GH.

Lake trout season open now then and how big do they have to be. Id rather catch kings than those greasy pigs and the money dont mean nothing but just to have fun.:D

Caznik

My team will probably take our chances out of Port Sheldon. The weather is supposed to be mild and good this week, so who really knows when those fish will turn on?

I fish South Haven quite a bit, and from my experience, the Port Sheldon fish are always deeper than the South Haven fish. I'll probably try that approach and see what happens.

However, if the lake is willing and you don't mind burning a little gas on a nice boat ride, you could get up to Grand Haven in a half hour easy cruising and still have lines in the water prior to sun-up.

Well I decided not to run all the way to Grand Haven but thinking about either staying in close or go way out. Man I'm getting confused what to do yet. Thank god its only Monday and I still have time to think.

Cazzzz:confused:

GLF and I were just talking about this, this morning.

I can get to GH quite quick from ole Pig Lake, if the Lake is co-operating....

That thought has crossed our mind...

But like somebody said before... Its only Monday!!!

Only rain coming is tonight/tomorrow, yea right, you all know as well as I do, wait 10 minutes, this will change...heheheh....

Obviously we can cluster and not do anything together, or we could have a plan of action i.e. cover alot of lake together........

T

When will the East wind stop?

TODAY

EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MOSTLY SUNNY. WAVES 1 TO 2

FEET.

TONIGHT

EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY.

WAVES 1 TO 2 FEET.

SATURDAY

EAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS. BECOMING PARTLY SUNNY.

WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT

EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLEAR. WAVES 1 TO

2 FEET.

When will the East wind stop?

TODAY

EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MOSTLY SUNNY. WAVES 1 TO 2

FEET.

TONIGHT

EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY.

WAVES 1 TO 2 FEET.

SATURDAY

EAST WINDS 15 TO 25 KNOTS. BECOMING PARTLY SUNNY.

WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET.

SATURDAY NIGHT

EAST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLEAR. WAVES 1 TO

2 FEET.

The fish are going to be all messed up I think.

Rich