Excited to get out this morning as it was overcast and I tend to do better in these conditions.  I counted 11 boats out by the time I got on a plane north of the harbor mouth.  Drop my first line at 7:05am, 11" white paddle, white fly and decided to drop it a bit deep for morning at 75' on the ball in 99 FOW.  Presentation got bit at 7:07am before I could drop the second line in.  Result, 10lb king.  I thought great, this will be a good day but then silence for the next hour until SWR produced a small king.  The line somehow got underneath my dipsey out 200'.  I purposely did not put that out on the side with the big paddle figuring the paddle might get into the dipsey.  No, SWR did and after enough pressure, the dipsey was lost along with a Smart Troll probe.  Ouch.  Means a lot less beer for the the rest of the summer to pay for that loss (like that will really happen).  Ran over bait 1in 105 FOW then in 115 FOW with one tip up break off and SWR that I could not get to because of a lure change and by the time I got to the rod it was gone.  Sun came out so I ran out to 180 FOW - no marks after 150 FOW and nothing.  Came back in, sun got behind the clouds and got a SH in 133 FOW on a UV Orange Crush.  The Great Republic was making way to Holland right on schedule for a 2:00pm ETA so once it was in sight, I ripped lines and came on in.  Data Below.

image.thumb.png.c746686ca7111bef3cc2b82b08653f29.png

• Like 5

Great report. I appreciate you , copilot, Dan, little boat, and all reports. I am new to this type of fishing and I learn something with every report!

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman