The fog lifted early, so I headed out about 7am. Lake was flat with low surface wind. Lots of bait in the water. Nothing happened in the 1st 3 hours, then BANG, my rigger with a blue/pearl SD and a blue home made fly fired. The fish ran across all my lines (solo, only 3 lines). I had to be careful working it and lifting and moving rods around my boat, so I wouldn't lose the fish. I managed to get it in. A king 12lbs-9oz. no other releases. The wind picked up and after a half hour I called it a day.

1/1, King, 12#-9oz,(10:55am), Blue/pearl SD, Blue fly, N troll, 2.2 sog, ball temp 48.2, ball depth 100ft, fow 126. Fished 90-145 fow.

I think I'm going to have to find a interested party so I can get some more lures in the water.
IMG_20230615_124840.thumb.jpg.f8ff1560745b83cb0dbe879caa9fd5c9.jpg

Sent from my Z5156CC using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app

IMG_20230615_085229~2.jpg

• Like 8

Nice job Ed especially fighting the fog and going solo. I went out Wednesday in the fog out of Muskegon and got skunked. Few fish were caught in shallow between 40 - 60 fow. Small steelies and small kings. We went out deep with good large marks in the 155 fow with only 1 hitting on a mag dipsey set at 1 1/2 down 225 ft white paddle with white/blue fly which we lost. So far I haven’t been able to get any rhythm going. Hoping to get out next week. Good luck everyone.

• Like 2