Saginaw Bay "Eyes"

We went out last night at 10:30 or so and set lines and fished till 1:00am

We started out running everything tight to the boards with no avail. So we switched up and reset lines and that seemed to be the ticket. The firetiger rapala #11 took 4 at 75ft back,and then the clown rapala #11 picked up 5 for us at 90 back of the port side.

With all the lures we had in the box only 2 seemed to produce (go figure).

But all in all it was a fun night altogether calm seas and warm temps.. Hello Spring.....

4-22-07

Left the launch at 6:45 went back to the same area the night before working the same program in 9-11fow and NOTHING, stayed there for about an hour and pulled lines and moved.

Dropped down at the new spot. Started setting lines my brother got the one side set on port, moved to starboard and started setting, looked over to the other side" fish on" it seemed to be a nice fish relled it to the net nice 5 or so lbr. That was the only fish for about an hour.Switched up the spread to some longer leads from 85 ft to 135 feet back from the board. Then all hell broke loose, we had 3 on the port side and 2 on the starboard side with only 3 of us in the boat. "What a chinese fire drill". And manage to land all but 1 of the fish. Got things set back out washed lures for an hour or so and nothing.

Pulled up and headed in at 11:00 or so. All in all pretty good moring no problems at all .........The boat ran flawless and was great to be out on the big water again..

If anyone goes out be carefull there is a lot of floating wood and debris in the water...............

Nice Job Screemer.

The walleyes for the most part seem to be podded up tighter this spring then in years past and are seeming to prefer the smaller cranks. But I'm thinking that may have more to do with the massive resurgence of smaller Emerald Shiners in Lake Huron and how the water clarity (clear/dark) seems to be pooling this spring. My biologist bud says the cloudy/clear water pooling has a lot to do with how cold the water temps stayed this spring in the Bay. With the warmer/cloudier river waters mixing in a lot slower with the cold.

WTG Tony. Time to replenish the freezer. I'll bet you cheeked every one of them.:)

Yes i did cheek everyone of them Frank. I'm thinking by this weekend, where we fished is going to be "hot". Come on down and fish with us. Going to try spoons this weekend tho we have a tourney in May. Got to keep fishing:grin: