I would be sorry for not posting all week but after 5 trips and only 3 fish all week there was nothing to report. Biggest fish we caught was a 3 lb laker. Also caught a small pink and a small whitefish. 

this is the first trip to Hessel in the seven years we have made it up there the fishing absolutely SUCKED!!!  Even though we don’t catch many Kings we usually slaughter the lake trout and mix in the steelhead, pinks, brown’s and Atlantic’s. 

we did mark a ton of fish West and northwest of goose island between the islands and the goose island shoal in 130-150 FOW. No go on any of those fish. Other than that we barely marked any fish anywhere. 

The pink we caught was full of bugs so it could have been them as well.  People up there have said out of the east entrance to the islands they see Atlantic's jumping all the time so I would imagine they are eating the bugs as well.  

It was really cool to see surface feeding fish in 200 foot of water. I let a 1 color core out hoping for something crome to show some interest but that was just wishful thinking. Every time we saw fish feeding on the surface there was multiple fish not just one seemed like they were a little pods.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman

We fished that way a five or six years ago and got one brown to go, about 10 inches long was it.  We had small walleye spoons behind 2 oz of lead back 100 feet.  The same thing, multiple fish either breaking the surface or jumping out of the water at the same time.  Next time I see that I am going to put a spin n glo on and run it really high in the water and see if the twisting and spinning in the water entices them to bite.  

• Like 1