Fished along the beach today.

We trolled too the south for about 4 miles running a mix of Crankbaits , spoons and 6 in spin doctors. Lists nice brown on a fire tiger husky jerk and lost a nice steelhead on a spoon. Moved out to 50ft in front of the pier heads but that was a waste land. We tried out deeper same thing. Moved back in to 30ft and hit a few Coho. Ended up 2 for 4 for the day .

Water temp was 37-42 . We didn’t mark any bait out there today.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the report , does anyone know what the schedule is for the railroad trestle, as in when it’s open and when it’s closed , I’m thinking about going Sunday and haven’t been in a few years and my boat will not fit under it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DIRTY DOG said:

Thanks for the report , does anyone know what the schedule is for the railroad trestle, as in when it’s open and when it’s closed , I’m thinking about going Sunday and haven’t been in a few years and my boat will not fit under it.

Hi Terry,

Don't know if it has changed this year Because Tarrey E and I haven't been out with the Quarentine but in the last few years the trestle is open unless a train is coming and then it swings across the river until the train passes then reopens.

Dennis

It was open when we were heading out and on are way in it was the same.
I would drop a rigger with a orange spoon or small crank bait before you get out of the pier heads. That’s what saved are day . The boat behind us did the same thing and they picked up a few also. I wouldn’t recommend running any boards in the River channel if there’s guy’s fishing the inside.
I have a buddy who fishes the channel a lot and he does really well especially
early in the year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seahawk said:

Hi Terry,

Don't know if it has changed this year Because Tarrey E and I haven't been out with the Quarentine but in the last few years the trestle is open unless a train is coming and then it swings across the river until the train passes then reopens.

Dennis

thanks Dennis , I’ve decided this year it’s back to the way we used to do it , pull the boat to the fish instead of slipping and waiting for them to get to holland 

Hey Mega Byte... I thought I would have seen a post or two by now.
Have you been out yet this year?
Last year was my first year doing the spring fishing and it was incredible.
Is there a certain water temperature that bring in the bait fish/ silver fish.
Or is it a day to day thing in the spring?

13 minutes ago, Cadilac Grills said:

Hey Mega Byte... I thought I would have seen a post or two by now.
Have you been out yet this year?

No, I haven't been out yet this year.  I have my boat in getting some maintenance done on it and the darn shutdown happened and my guy struggled to get parts to finish the job.  It sounds like he's got a plan, but it has made the progress slow.  I've been watching the water temps and I'm waiting for them to warm up just a bit.  That will help concentrate the bait and the coho.  I'd like to take the kids down to the Southern basin and catch some.  We'll wait for a nice day to do that.  Then beginning in May, I plan to chase to the kings as they work their way north.  I expect to take a trip or two in April before hitting it hard in May.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DIRTY DOG said:

thanks Dennis , I’ve decided this year it’s back to the way we used to do it , pull the boat to the fish instead of slipping and waiting for them to get to holland 

Tarrey (Sea Eagle) and I have been doing that for few years.  Trouble is now we can't fish together during the lock down.  My boats an IO so don't want to put into the water until I'm sure it wont freeze at night so may be awhile.  Take care stay healthy and good luck fishing.

3 hours ago, seahawk said:

Tarrey (Sea Eagle) and I have been doing that for few years.  Trouble is now we can't fish together during the lock down.  My boats an IO so don't want to put into the water until I'm sure it wont freeze at night so may be awhile.  Take care stay healthy and good luck fishing.

Same to you , makes me a little nervous going down there with all what going on , but if I do I will post a report like I used to.