It was pretty rough fishing today. I thought I was fishing in a bounce house all morning!

2 for 3 today had a early release on something? Otherwise a 16# king and a 2.35# laketrout. Fished 80-120 fow

1/2 King in 109fow, DR 98 down and back 25 on blue meat rig and blue/pearl sd, south troll, 2.8 sog, bite came at 8:30. 1st release was 7:25 may have bend a big wave?

1/1 laketrout, DR 106 fow, 91 down, north troll, 2.3 sog. Bite at 9:00. Same DR setup.

2016-08-06 14.14.30.jpg

• Like 1

Don't know what time you went in but they turned on again around 11 AM.

Set lines in 55 fow on south troll.  Had no bites by the time all the lines were in, so we turned north and began to get bit.  2 for 3 in about 65 fow.  Small laker came on 75 copper with Red Hulk.  King came on green/glow spin with Rapture Ventriloquist fly.  Lost a screamer on dipsey 80 back with Laser lightsaver spin and Big Weenie Bushy Beaver fly when it got into my 150 copper.  King on the rigger actually got into other dipsey and 100 copper but the rigger line would slide freely through the knot of braid and copper so we were able to hand line it in.  2 big messes...its why I was always setting lines when you called.

Fished without the 100 and 150 for the rest of the morning and was able to take 3 more between 11 and noon on a slightly northwest troll.  Would turn in after the hit and then work back out on same 345 troll.  First one came in 97 fow, then 105 fow, last in 110 fow... all kings.  First one came on dipsey 180 back with the Bushy Beaver set up, second one came on 225 copper with Lucky Charm plug, last one came on dipsey 150 back with UV crush spin and Big Weenie Last Brunch fly.  Made one final pass from 88-110 with no hits so called it quits.

• Like 1