3/3 on alewife.  All very large.  One pulled a board back.  Funny as I did not mark much bait and the gulls were not feeding. 

2/3 or 4 on steel.

0/1 hand lining.

100/100 on beach grass.

Trolled like a drunk to avoid pleasure boaters and beach grass mats, but that could be expected on a beautiful summer night.

Setting lines I was clipping on a board when the line got ripped out of my hand. Grabbed the rod and no one home.  Mixed veggie n k 4d.

Then a nice steel hit a red thin fish on a yellow bird, rolled on the leader and cut it.

Took a hot 10# on a Jerry Lee mini streak in 23' off oval beach, one color core.  He ran more than he jumped.  Thought it was a king for a while.

Had a gap in traffic and was able to take a shot across the piers.  Same yellow bird with my last red black squiggles thin fish takes off screaming.  I turn hard to go back to an area with no traffic, and the two color on the other side digs in a bit.  Andrea's fish breaks off but I still have mine.  She's all bummed but I'm telling her that's how steel are, and we net mine and it's got my spoon and her thin fish stuck on its face.  Not sure as it spun in the net if both were in it's mouth or it rode one line over the other and they were tangled.  But I'll take it.

Put that thin fish away after that, and packed up early to avoid traffic at dusk.

Never saw surface temps under 60 and my cannonballs down 8 and 10 came up warm, so I'm guessing that was the tail end of that push of fish.

• Like 4