Holland 5-21 South Haven 5-22

Fished Holland on Saturday.  I got out there before the tournament started and immediately had trouble.  My the pull start wouldn't turn the motor over.  Luckily I bring lots of tools on my boat and after 20 minutes of messing around I got it turning over.  Then the carb float got stuck - and I was messing around for another 20 minutes trying to get it started.  Finally we started fishing and didn't really do anything for about 2 hours - we went from 70 to 125 fow and finally picked up a lake trout and a coho in 125 fow.  After that we ran out to 180 fow and quickly picked up 1 king & 2 more coho.  After trolling around for another while without anything we picked up a shaker and then pulled lines and headed in. Final tally 6-6.

South haven was a little different story.  We started around 7 am in 75 fow after running 7 miles north of port.  We were marking a decent amount of bait as well as fish from 20-30 feet down, but they were not biting.  After trying for an hour with nothing on those high fish we switched to lake trout fishing.  We got our butts kicked by the lakers  - we had around 9 fish shake the hook on us, but we managed to put 3 in the box and also picked up a coho.  At this point we ran out to 220 fow and trolled back towards port.  We went 2-3 out there on coho.

What worked in Holland:

300 Copper - Silver Streak Mag Blue Dolphin - Laker & King

3 Color - Dreamweaver Superslim Steelie Dan - Coho

Rigger down 90 - BLL Blue Kato - Shaker King

Slide Diver on 3.5 out 90 with an orange Stingray spoon - Coho x 2

What worked in South Haven:

Rigger on bottom - white spin doctor on bottom with chartreuse 00 spin n glow - 2 Lakers for ??? hits

Mag divers on bottom with 00 spin n glows - 1 Laker for ??? hits

150 copper with Dreamweaver normal sized Sea Sick Waddler - Coho

200 copper with Dreamweaver Super Slim Full Nelson (Think Lemon Ice) - Coho

400 copper with Silver Streak Mag Blue Dolphin  - Coho

• Like 2

I only fish from 1 boat and trailer from Grand Rapids.  I do have 4 boats right now though - although only the one is currently operational.  I bought the others as projects. I keep busy with projects during the winter.