What do you guys think of outriggers?

I got this set of 16' Lee's outriggers on the boat I purchased this past winter. I was trying to sell them and just go the planer board route but I don't believe there is much of a demand for riggers in Michigan.

Anyways does anyone have any experience with using them and what did you think? I'm either going to keep them or possibly go the eBay route.

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app

I think most would like the fact that a board gets farther from the boat so everyone uses them instead of outriggers. I have used them it is cool when a fish pull that release off. If it was me it would come down to 2 things. Do you run all inline boards, if so maybe keep the outriggers for a heavy copper setup or similar rod. Do you think you can get enough off e bay to make it worthwhile. Whoever pays shipping is gonna have a steep bill even if they collapse down to 6 or 8 ft. If you don't want to mess with Ebay put em on your boat. They look cool and can fly a flag at very least.

They are already mounted on the boat. I was thinking the same... Just running my copper off em. Realistically I'll probably only be running 6 lines anyways. I'm thinking the hassle of selling them and shipping them ain't quite worth it. And I like the flag idea 5738f16846bed_ImageUploadedByGreatLakesF

Sent from my iPhone using Great Lakes Fisherman mobile app

I use them on my boat on the central basin of lake erie when I need more lines in the water. I use 6 lite bite slide divers as my main set up, then run 2 downriggers which gives me 8 rods in the water. that takes care of 4 fishermen. if I have a 5th person I use the outriggers. I use 15# braid with a small dipsy diver and let out anywhere from 200' to 300' of line. some days they are a waste of time but on other days they catch fish. if you run inline boards I wouldn't want to use them as I think a dipsy type diver over the side would be a better way to get extra lines in the water if you need them. its easy to run 3 boards off each side then put out a dipsy type diver off each side and to the rear of the boat for an 8 rod spread.