TEAM KICK'R SOUTH HAVEN, MI Pro/Am TOURNAMENT 5/15-17

We headed up to South Haven, MI late Thursday night so we could fish the SHYC 5 FISH CHALLENGE on Friday as a warm up. The lake was pretty churned up Friday but we where able to land a few fish but nothing to place us well in the tournament. We had a fairly good idea where to find the fish on Saturday day 1 of the South Haven pro/am we found them just couldn't get more to bite we ended up with 9lb laker and a 10lb king both came on a white and blue meat rig on a wire slide diver 120ft line out on counter. Those two fish didn't do us too much good as most boats brought in some nice catches. We did however make the decision to weigh the king we had caught in the 333 as it was over 10lbs but decided to not weigh the laker because most of the kings caught where in the 10-13lb range. On Sunday day 2 of the South Haven pro/am we headed to almost the same area again in hopes that we could get the fish we marked the day before to bite. We did end up getting a nice king on meat rig 90ft out on counter and missed another on a rigger but that was it we scraped up a small coho then decided to make a run south to pick up some lake trout but didn't have any success. We ended up weighing our king for 333 but unfortunately got stuck with weighing our small coho we where kicking ourselves for not weighing the laker the day before but that's how it goes sometimes! Our beat depth of water for the weekend was 85-105fow top 50 feet straight out of South Haven pier heads. We have been extremely busy with this upcoming tournament in Onekama, MI being our 6th in a row and last one for a while we can't wait and hopefully we can get the fish to cooperate we have never fished this area so it will be a new experience for us. Here are some pics enjoy!

8410c7e97cfd5f005c3aadd9ea4588f1.jpg

cc6641706356e86d686b7f961a8a209f.jpg

cd92e9261e448ca3f88489b9a513bb98.jpg

5f971ef40637c275c7415bbfc6082818.jpg

ac1c04b31dbeacd3909c106b2e4ebe68.jpg

3ce4a585501b1cfe062e33f6a74cc5a8.jpg

1a568ffbb481a26b4a11cf8524101c7e.jpg

It was a slowish tourny for sure, you just fished straight out? The fish were deffinettly working north, friday my buddy on pro side had 27 fish North of SH (they finished 4th i think fri), Saturday those fish were in saugy which is where we were planning on headed but pulled up short since they were on fire half way on friday...mistake, Sunday they were gone period very spread out. Funny you guys did good on meat, we cought fish on every rod all weekend, EXCEPT divers, 1 diver bight in 2 days, and that was when i put it in the dirt for a our last trout. The trout were thick to the north i will say that, 65-75ft. was loaded Still washed the stink out of a bunch of herring hoping for a big bight, never happened. Let me know if your fishing any more tourny's on this side, maybe we can help each other out a bit. Good luck on the net one

My son was mating on the It'llDo pro boat, and they came in second. They where on the salmon each dad, but he said the where moving 10-20 miles north each day.

Thanks for the report.

It was a slowish tourny for sure, you just fished straight out? The fish were deffinettly working north, friday my buddy on pro side had 27 fish North of SH (they finished 4th i think fri), Saturday those fish were in saugy which is where we were planning on headed but pulled up short since they were on fire half way on friday...mistake, Sunday they were gone period very spread out. Funny you guys did good on meat, we cought fish on every rod all weekend, EXCEPT divers, 1 diver bight in 2 days, and that was when i put it in the dirt for a our last trout. The trout were thick to the north i will say that, 65-75ft. was loaded Still washed the stink out of a bunch of herring hoping for a big bight, never happened. Let me know if your fishing any more tourny's on this side, maybe we can help each other out a bit. Good luck on the net one

We couldn't buy a king on a long line

My son was mating on the It'llDo pro boat, and they came in second. They where on the salmon each dad, but he said the where moving 10-20 miles north each day.

Thanks for the report.

Nice we where slipped right next to them and yes the fish where definitely heading north