Boat Repair - Engine Coupler

I never knew it would be such a pain in the ass to change an engine coupler for an I/O. After my boat was put into storage in the non crane bay side, I discovered I could not change the engine coupler without pulling the engine :( Dv8oR and I attempted to get it pulled today. Something was hanging up on the exhaust elbow's, and I was afraid to break the distributer with the chain. I opted to stop where we were at, and call it a day. I needed something what will keep the chain from coming to a "V". So, I manufactured a bar that will keep the chain straight up and down and away from the distributer.

I will get the engine pulled tomorrow!

I never knew it would be such a pain in the ass to change an engine coupler for an I/O.

Any job that "Pull the engine" is one of the steps on anything is a pain in the arse Bro!

We stopped first at that pancake place that Minnow turned us on to, Mr. B's! They have this thing going there for $19.99 you can attempt to eat a 12 egg omelet and if you get through it you get a "T" shirt.

I stopped there again for breakfast this morning. Thanks for the tip on this place minnow. They have a GREAT breakfast.

I got the engine, and coupler pulled today. Now to get the parts and get it back together.

Dv8oR and I am planning on putting the boat back together March 3rd and 4th(Saturday and Sunday). I am debating on replacing the shift cables, trim sendors, gimbal bearing, and bellows while everything is apart.

Has anyone here ever changed any or all of the above?

I have mine apart right now. I'm replacing the bellows, gimble bearing trim limit senders. While taking it apart I noticed my 20+yo lower shift cable was deteriorated and I'm replacing that also. B.O.A.T. = Break Out Another Thousand. LOL You will need a slide hammer to pull the gimble. Here's a trick put gimble ring in backwards and next time just change the center. Before doing so read this url,

http://www.amarket.com/gimrepr.htm