Jump to content
Priority1

I only had an hour and a half

Recommended Posts

I didn't have much time to do anything yesterday but managed to jump onboard Priority1 and do a few things.

I removed, cleaned, and set the gap on my plugs. I use the SS marine grade plugs. I have a spark plug cleaner and I make sure to blow the grit from the plugs with a blow gun after cleaning them. I always put a little bit of anti-seize on the plug threads. Anti-seize is especially important with SS as it has a tendency to gall. Skipping the anti-seize can lead to a major repair. The plugs looked very good except for some hard baked on carbon that came off when they were cleaned. I notice more carbon on the plugs since the ethanol mix entered the picture. Before installing the plugs I shot a a little bit of Engine-Stor in the plug holes and rolled the engine over. I usually put new plugs in every couple of years. I have a new set onboard with gaps set and anti-seize on the threads. An Altoid tin is just right to hold 4 plugs.

A couple of weeks ago I changed the engine oil and fogged the engine through the carburetor.

I had some help a week or so ago so the outdrive was drained and removed. The impeller was checked and the gimbal bearing replaced. I was getting a slight vibration at low speeds near the end of the season. The bearing was noticeably bad. The outdirve has been reinstalled and I'll refill it with gear lube soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...