Rapala DJH Lures?

Fellow Fishers, I would like to buy a few DJH's and need some advice on size and hot colors. I see that the DJH10 runs 7'-16' trolling and the DJH12 runs 8'-19', If I purchase DJH10's and need to go alittle deeper can I just add some in line weights? Am I correct in buying the 10's and what colors seem to work the best? Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks

Fellow Fishers, I would like to buy a few DJH's and need some advice on size and hot colors. I see that the DJH10 runs 7'-16' trolling and the DJH12 runs 8'-19', If I purchase DJH10's and need to go alittle deeper can I just add some in line weights? Am I correct in buying the 10's and what colors seem to work the best? Any help is deeply appreciated. Thanks

Hi Moldman,

I have a pretty good selection of DHJ12's and agree with you, depth is often an issue. I watched the following video from Mark Romanack:

I rigged the Tadpoles like he shows in the video, and with that info, you can get a lot more depth options. I have used them walleye fishing on Lake Erie and they work fine. Actually caught some fish.

Also tried them on Lake Michigan. I'm convinced I'm jinxed. We've had a tough year out of St. Joe and South Haven. Anyway, if you go with the smaller DHJ's the Tadpoles give some great options and they have a good depth chart. I felt it was easier to control depth with them then inline weights.

Just a thought.

Paul C.